Powdered reagents for capture or neutralization of acid gases dioxin / furans, heavy metals and volatile organic compounds consist of hydrated lime, sodium-based carbonates, activated carbon or ceramic-based absorbents.
Fives offers several solutions for reagent storage, metering and injection systems for its dry scrubbing equipment:
- Reagent storage methods fall in two major groups: bulk bags and silos. Depending on the client’s requirements for filling intervals, anticipated reagent consumption and budget will determine the preferred storage method.
- Silo accessory equipment, typically located below the silo, includes metering (loss-in-weight and mass flow) and pneumatic conveying equipment. For sodium-based reagents, Fives offers pin mills for grinding and nitrogen blanket technology to prevent premature ageing.
- Special piping design considerations must be taken for hydrated lime reagent that is susceptible to pipe blocking. Fives has more than 40 years of experience with design of pneumatic piping of hydrated lime reagent.
- Tailor-made reagent storage, metering and injection system.
- Optimized capital cost
- Reduced reagent consumption